Donor Advised Fund
A donor advised fund (DAF), which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to Bellarmine College Preparatory and other qualified charities. You can recommend a grant or recurring grants now to make an immediate impact or use your fund as a tool for future charitable gifts.
Take Action! Visit Your Fund
1. Recommend a grant
2. Impact Bellarmine College Preparatory
This search tool will open a third-party website, owned and operated by an independent party. We assume no responsibility for the material.
You can also create a lasting legacy by naming Bellarmine College Preparatory the beneficiary of the entire account or a percentage of the fund. With a percentage, you can create a family legacy of giving by naming your loved ones as your successor to continue recommending grants to charitable organizations. Contact your fund administrator for a beneficiary form.
Still learning about DAFs? Discover the ease of opening a donor advised fund—plus the advantages you’ll enjoy—with your FREE guide Centralize Your Giving With Donor Advised Funds.
An Example of How It Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for Bellarmine College Preparatory (which they’ve supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their daughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Contact Bill Colucci, Esq. '82 at (408) 537-9279 or email@example.com to discuss using donor advised funds to support Bellarmine College Preparatory and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Bellarmine College Preparatory in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Bellarmine College Preparatory
Address: 960 West Hedding Street, San Jose, California 95126-1215
Federal Tax ID Number: 94-1160938